Disclaimer: I have not been paid to advertise any of the below. I am not making money if you click a link. The only product I have been gifted is the Shae Face and Body Velvet srub and you'll soon find out what Shae and I are up to (peek at an upcoming blog post???).
I have learned to be nice to my skin after years of it just being there. Modeling has made me take a closer look at how I am treating it because makeup makes my skin upset and if I have a pimple, I'm going to pick it. I am a combo skin; my t-zone is dry and my jawline is oily. I get blackheads on my nose and temples. I don't wash my hair every day so I get little bumps at my hairline.
Below are my Morning and Night routines. Also, I have some things that I keep in my bathroom and use weekly or every other week and those are at the bottom of this post. I hope you find this educational and at least a place to start from if you're feeling confused.
- This is activated by water, so I use it in the shower.
- I massage in all over my face and neck with my fingers.
- Then, I wipe off under the shower head with a cotton washcloth.
- I found this at Grocery Outlet.
- You should be able to find it online.
- I quite like it. It is a lotion serum rather than an oil serum.
- I love this line of activated charcoal products.
- This has a tea tree base and it works well for daily use.
- I put it on a cotton ball and rub it in any trouble areas with acne.
- This is one of those products I have been searching for and finally found.
- An SPF lotion that actually doesn't feel like a lotion because IT'S A SERUM!
- It feels great going on and wears wonderfully.
- I bought this with the SPF serum because I needed a better eye cream and this has SPF, too!
- I found this Etsy shop while looking for black woman owned skincare lines.
- This cleanser is fantastic! I absolutely love it for daily use.
- I use this with my face brush that is battery powered and spins.
- My skin likes the spin brush - I find I have fewer blackheads and acne pop-ups when I use a spin brush.
- I use this toner again at night after the brush to spot care any ance.
- I was looking for a lotion that I could wear at night and that was a little heavier than my day wear moisturizer.
- I found this at Grocery outlet, but it is on Amazon.
- Apparently, this brand has some kind of cult following. It is pretty good stuff.
- I use like half a pump at night - nothing too much.
- To finish my night routine, I pop on some eye cream.
- This is something I had and figured I would use up. After this is done, I'll be looking for a new night cream.
- Face Masks
- Use whatever ones you like!
- I don't spend too much on them, but I do enjoy a sheet mask a couple times a month.
- Nose Strips
- Again, these are everywhere now and you don't need to buy the expensive ones.
- I use one on my nose every other week or so.
- It helps keep my large pores clear.
- All Natural Lotion
- My savior: https://www.burtsbees.com/product/aloe-%26-coconut-oil-after-sun-soother--6-fl.-oz./VM-19499-00-1.html
- This lotion is magic. I use it on sunburns all the time!
- I also bleach my brows and as soon as I am done, I put some of this on to combat any chemical burns I may have encountered because I just had bleach on my face.
- I also use this in a pinch for chubrub, and after shaving lotion.
- Comedone Extractor
- You can get these just about anywhere now.
- I think I picked mine up from Ross years ago.
- I use it to get out blackheads and pop whiteheads instead of using my fingers.
- I told you, if I have something on my face, I will pop it and I know I shouldn't so I got one of these. :)
This is what I have in my bathroom. I know it sounds like a lot, but I have it down to wash, tone, moisturize, eye cream. The rest is just self-care/treat-yo-self stuff that I have found makes my skin happy. Make sure you try out products to best suit your skin. I am not a doctor, merely a model on a budget.